An exciting opportunity has arisen in Sodexo's defence business
for a Catering, Retail & Leisure Manager to lead excellence in
service provision at a site on the outskirts of Salisbury.
As Catering, Retail & Leisure Manager, you will be responsible
for service delivery in dining facilities, retail outlets and
leisure activities at the site.
The newly built site will open in May 2019, providing a
fantastic chance to be involved in the mobilisation of the site
right through to running the day-to-day operation.
30,000 - 30,500 per annum + bonus + benefits
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted
levels agreed between client and Sodexo.
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To act as duty manager on call and holiday/weekend cover as
directed by line manager
- To actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth
within the contract and the external market.
- Maximise profitable sales by the introduction and maintenance
of food service brands to the standard required by the company
- To action customer compliments by praising staff and resolving
complaints satisfactorily, referring to your line manager where
- Maintain levels of stock, cash, local credit and debt
outstanding to the agreed establishment targets.
- Comply with all company and client policies, site rules and
statutory regulations relating to Health and Safety, safe working
practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include
your awareness of any specific hazards in your place and training
- Ensure that all equipment used is in a safe working order,
checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to
management/client, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment
is not used until safe.
- Ensure colleague compliance to all cash, key, stock, premise,
security policy and procedure; report any deficiencies as
identified immediately to the Service Manager.
- Ensure all cash registers have adequate floats, current pricing
programmes, and all colleagues are correctly trained in the use and
cash handling policy and procedures.
- Provide first point of contact to our customers and deal
politely, professionally and efficiently with any queries and
- To perform and supervise the day to day activities Front of
House in the Diner as well as retail outlet activities and leisure
- To promote and manage functions including planning, menus and
costing in conjunctions with the catering and retail team.
- Active involvement, promotion and support of activities aligned
towards colleague engagement and achievement of IIP Gold
- Develop and maintain a positive internal and external
- Continued professional learning and development in soft FM
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks and/or instructions as
directed by management
- Knowledge of working in a management role within the soft FM
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- People management skills including general HR skills in
recruitment, training and managing colleague performance including
disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be
able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Proven experience in catering & retail sector, including stock
management, cash control and customer service
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to
- Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:-
BSC (Catering), MHCIM, HND, City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level
2 and 3 and possess an intermediate level food safety
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and
implement innovative solutions
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing
- Food safety qualification equivalent to CIEH level 3
- Soft FM specific technical skills including contract catering,
hospitality, retail and cleaning knowledge and skills
- Proven experience of managing client relationships within a
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to
deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at
over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare,
education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual
turnover of over 1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning
and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance
services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting
equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek
to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all
individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the
experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our
organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever
their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family
status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation
are welcome to and included within our business.