Location: The View Hotel Eastbourne
We are recruiting for a Kitchen Porter to Support the Head Chef
in ensuring efficient and effective cleanliness throughout the
kitchen. To ensure and maintain standards of cleanliness relating
to the working areas and equipment in the kitchen, complying with
company standards and legal requirements.
The main Responsibilities are:
- To maintain the standards of cleanliness of all materials
passing through these areas to company policy. These areas of
responsibility will include: Machinery; cooking equipment, crockery
and cutlery, pots and pans, floors and tiles, refrigerators and
- To ensure sufficient material for the performing of cleaning
duties are collected from the stores.
- To dispose of rubbish, as outlined by the Executive Chef and to
maintain standards of cleanliness in these areas.
- To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high
personal hygiene standards.
- Ensure all standard checklists are used as prescribed.
- To maintain a professional working relationship with the food
The successful candidate must:
- Be able to work shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Be able to speak and read English
- Be comfortable working in a high pressured environment
- Be able to adapt to situations quickly